Please complete the information below so that we may provide the best possible care for your doggie.
If you already have an account with us, please login at the login page.
cookienfriends LLC is a locally owned and operated family business where “dogs are our business, our only business”. cookienfriends was established in 1999 as the first non-traditional "off leash" DayCare and Boarding facility in the Salt Lake Valley. Our vision was to create a place where humans could bring their dogs for DayCare while they are at work or doing other activities. We also wanted to offer Boarding for dogs so their family members could travel for business or pleasure without worrying about burdening a friend or family member with the responsibility of taking care of their dog. We wanted a place where dogs would be free to socialize with other nonaggressive dogs and run, bark and play to their hearts content as well as rest and relax in a safe, clean and healthy environment while interacting with happy humans who are passionate about caring for them in the most loving way.
DayCare – 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. 365 days a year. We offer areas for large dogs, small dogs and senior dogs that allows them access to our large indoor and outdoor play areas where they can socialize with other dogs and interact with our highly trained staff.
Valet Service – Weekdays 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., pull up to the door and we will fetch your dog from your car, no need to park and come in, especially nice during inclement weather
Boarding – 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Boarding dogs play in the DayCare environment during the day and are assigned their own comfortable kennel to rest and sleep in at night. Sibling dogs may board in the same kennel at night if requested by owner
Grooming – We offer full service grooming in our salon provided by our highly experienced professional groomers by reservation. Dogs are healthier, happier and feel better when they are kept clean and well groomed
Aquatic Fitness Center – Our Aquatic Fitness Center houses a one of a kind, indoor, temperature controlled, salt water swimming pool for dogs. It has been proven that swimming is one of the healthiest exercises for dogs. It strengthens and tones their muscles without putting undue stress on their bones, ligaments and joints which will help protect them against injuries. I understand that not all dogs instinctively know how to swim. Dogs perceive bodies of water differently and they may have many different reasons to fear the water. cookienfriends wants to make sure every dog that enters the pool has a positive experience. We will always have a staff member in the pool during your dog’s initial swim to help them and guide them through the experience. Owners are required to be present during the entire Initial Swim Orientation. All dogs will wear a life jacket until they are competent to swim on their own. The pool is 45 feet long, 20 feet wide and 4 ½ feet at its deepest point. The multipurpose pool provides a safe, clean place for dogs of all sizes to play in the water for fun and fitness or physical therapy. The pool area includes a 40 foot dock built to the specifications of the North American Diving Dogs Organization where dogs can train year round to participate in Dock Diving competitions. If you decide you would like to have your dog try Dock Diving we have an experienced team of Dock Diving trainers available who will guide you and your dog from novice to advanced competition levels.
Outdoor Party Area – Adjacent to the Aquatic Fitness Center is a private outdoor area with K9 grass, a gazebo and other amenities that is available by reservation where you can host your own dog party.
Web Cameras – You can check in on your dog at any time by visiting our website, www.cookienfriends.com and sign on to watch our web cameras during business hours.
Registration – Please call 801-261-2665 and speak to one of our Customer Service Representatives. They will answer any questions you might have as well as set up an appointment for you to bring your dog in for its initial assessment interview and a tour of our facility. The interview consists of a short one on one discussion with you about your dog with one of our Yard Managers. Your dog will then be taken into our Sniffing Room. The manager will watch how your dog interacts alone with them and then several dogs of different breeds, sizes, temperaments and sexes will be introduced into the room to see how your dog reacts. You will be able to watch the entire process on the TV in our lobby. If all goes well during this portion of the interview your dog will be invited to a free day of DayCare so we can further assess your dog’s personality to make sure it feels comfortable in our environment. Owner must be present during the initial assessment
Leash – For the safety of our guests, the dogs and our staff, all dogs are required to be on a leash at all times while in the public areas of cookienfriends. Thank you for complying with this request
Collars – All dogs must have quick release collars. If your dog has a belt type collar with a metal buckle we will remove it and replace it with a safe cookienfriends collar
Vaccination Records – All dogs that attend cookienfriends for daycare, boarding, swimming, grooming or use of the self-wash tubs must be at least 16 weeks old and must have completed their puppy vaccinations to include Rabies, Distemper/Parvo and Bordetella. The Bordetella vaccination is required every six (6) months. Dogs must stay current an all vaccination to attend DogMode. Most vaccinations take several days to reach their full effectiveness. We recommend that your dog receives it’s vaccinations at least a week before attending DogMode. Please bring your dog’s vaccination records from a licensed veterinarian when you bring your dog in for its assessment interview and free trial DayCare day.
Spay and Neuter Requirements – All dogs must be spayed or neutered by seven (7) months of age to attend DogMode.
Medications – If your dog is taking any medications, please bring them in the original bottles to ensure that we can provide accurate information to a veterinarian in case we have an emergency situation while your dog is staying with us. DogMode does not charge an additional fee for administering medications
Food – We recommend that you bring your dog’s own food that it normally eats when boarding with us. Many dogs experience digestive problems when they switch foods. Please bring your dog’s food in a resealable container such as zip lock bags or plastic containers with lids. We recommend that the food be measured into small meal size bags if possible. We also recommend bringing some extra food in case your travel plans change. If you have a high energy dog please consider increasing the amount of food your dog normally eats due to the increased level of activity it will receive while playing at DogMode. If you do not bring your dog’s own food, we have both wet and dry “house” food available for an extra charge. Our house food is Kirkland Lamb and Rice; it is a premium quality food. If your dog runs out of food, we will feed them our house food unless other arrangements are made.
Bedding – We provide cots and other bedding for all dogs that are boarding with us. We clean and sanitize all bedding daily to kill any bacteria, germs or pests that could cause a disease. We do not accept outside bedding.
Toys and Treats – You may bring a familiar toy or two and a favorite treat if you think it will make your dog more comfortable. Please no rawhide chews or treats that could create a possible choking hazard.
At DogMode we take every possible precaution to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all of our dog guests; however, we cannot prevent all accidents, injuries, illnesses or changes in behavior. By bringing your dog to DogMode you accept these risks and you release DogMode and its staff from all liability arising from the occurrence of such events. Dogs attending DayCare and Boarding are much like children attending school; they can get colds, coughs, stomach bugs and other illnesses. All of our play areas are staffed with our extremely well trained team members who are knowledgeable in dog management and dog body language. Dogs are live animals that can be unpredictable and they play with their teeth and nails. It is possible that your dog could receive puncture wounds or cuts, scratches, broken nails, sprains or other injuries during play. You need to be sure that you are comfortable with this prior to choosing to allow your dog to play in a group of dog. DogMode will not be held responsible for any cost incurred from illnesses or injuries received by your dog.
Rest Periods – All dogs who receive meals at DogMode receive a mandatory rest period of one hour after each meal. Please understand that some daycare dogs can be very active and exercise by running and playing for up to 12 hours. Many dogs will voluntarily lay down on a cot or the floor and take rest periods by themselves; however, some young or highly energetic dogs and many sporting dogs do not know when to stop. They tend to get overly tired which can lead to them getting grouchy or having anxiety and sometimes becoming aggressive. We watch all the dogs very carefully so they do not get to that point. We believe it’s in the best interest for the safety to all the dogs and the staff to kennel them occasionally for short rest breaks. These breaks will be decided at the discretion of our staff. Please do not be concerned if you check on the webcam and your dog is resting. It’s not healthy or normal for dogs to be on the move for extended periods of time. You must trust that we love every one of the dogs and have their health, happiness and best interests at heart.
Kennel Cough – Kennel Cough the name for many different strains of upper respiratory illnesses that cause a dog to cough or make a hacking or choking sound. It is usually not very serious and will pass in a few days. If your dog begins coughing, we recommend that they see a veterinarian to ensure that they receive proper treatment because the coughing can lead to more serious issues if left untreated. If your dog is coughing, please do not bring them to DogMode until your vet has cleared them to be around other dogs. If a dog is boarding with us and begins to cough, we will isolate it in our quarantine area where they can stay until they are picked up.
Canine Bloat – Canine Bloat is the rapid swelling of a dog’s stomach, which becomes filled with food, fluid and excess and enlarges and twists the esophagus and intestines shut. Bloat is an unpredictable, life-threatening emergency that has no known cause and the symptoms can be very hard to recognize. While bloat is most common in larger breeds, it can occur in any dog at any time and without warning. It is possible for a dog to die from bloat in a short amount of time, sometimes even before any symptoms are noticed. If our staff is concerned that your dog has bloat, we will take them for emergency treatment immediately. We will contact you or your emergency contact if possible, but a decision may need to be made quickly. Surgeries relating to bloat can be expensive and may not be successful. If you would prefer for your dog not to have surgery in the event they are affected by bloat, you may document that in writing with a signature for your dog’s file. Otherwise, DogMode will seek all available treatment possible in consultation with the veterinarian and you will be responsible for any expenses.
Behavioral Issues – DogMode is not responsible for any behavior issues or perceived behavioral issues that may result from your dog socializing with other dogs or attending DogMode. If you are not comfortable with the increased risks associated with your dog playing with a group of dogs you might want to consider taking your dog to a traditional boarding facility.
Allergies – If your dog has allergies of any type, it is your responsibility to ensure that the staff at DogMode is aware of these allergies and the protocols to follow in the event of a reaction. If your dog has any food allergies, it is important to bring your dog’s own food.
Lice, Fleas and Ticks – All dogs attending DogMode are required to be free of lice, fleas and ticks. It is recommended that all dogs be on a monthly flea treatment. If a dog is found to have lice, fleas or ticks we will attempt to contact you regarding your options. If we cannot reach you, we will give your dog a medicated bath and keep it in isolation until it can be picked up.
Health Conditions – Dogs attending DogMode must be in good health and must be fit to be in an active environment. Dogs that have stitches or who have had medical procedures or other medical problems may not be good candidates for group play. Dogs that have hearing conditions can often be successful in group play, but dogs with vision impairments may not be comfortable in a group of dogs. If your dog has hip or joint conditions, or other physical conditions, please discuss them with your veterinarian before your dog attends DogMode. If your dog needs special care, be sure to discuss this with one of our managers prior to your dog’s arrival so that we can determine if we will be able to provide the care your dog needs.
Emergencies – If any injury or medical problem develops while your dog is in the care of DogMode, DogMode is authorized to do whatever is deemed necessary for the safety, health and well-being of your dog and you agree to be responsible for any expense incurred. If our staff is concerned that your dog has become seriously injured or ill, we will contact you or your emergency contact, if possible. However, you acknowledge that a decision may need to be made quickly, and you authorize DogMode to take your dog for emergency treatment if and when DogMode, in its sole discretion, deems necessary. Veterinary care can be expensive and surgeries to correct emergency medical conditions are not always successful. If you would prefer that DogMode not seek emergency care for your dog, or if you would like a dollar limit on any emergency care, you must document that desire in writing with your signature for your dog’s file. Otherwise, DogMode will seek all available treatment possible in consultation with the veterinarian and you will be responsible for the payment or reimbursement of any expenses.
Other Requirements to Attend DogMode – DogMode recommends that you have owned your dog for at least 30 days before it attends DogMode. This will allow it time to settle in to their new environment before introducing them to an open group environment.
Payments – Payment is due in full at the time services are provided. Our prices are listed and explained on our website as well as in brochures that are placed in our lobby. It is your responsibility to make sure you understand our charges prior to bringing your dog for DayCare or Boarding. DogMode does not allow clients to defer payment beyond the time you pick up your dog. Boarding stays longer than one week will require payment in advance or a valid credit card to be on file for purposes of charging payment in full at the end of each week. If someone else will be picking up your dog, you may leave a card on file, pay by phone or pay in advance. If special arrangements must be made for your dog, for whatever reason, additional charges may be incurred. * Prices are subject to change without prior notice*.
DogMode accept only credit cards or cash. We do not accept personal checks. For purposes of collecting outstanding balances, you give your consent to receive phone calls made to any phone numbers provided. Your further acknowledge that you are liable for any court costs, reasonable attorney’s fees or other fees associated with the collection of payment.
Hours of Operation – Regular hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. 365 days a year including holidays. Dogs may be dropped off or picked up from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. We request that Boarding dogs be dropped off before 5:30 p.m. If you know you are going to be late for pick up please notify us immediately. If you pick up after 7:00 p.m. a late pick up fee may be charged. Dogs that are not picked up by 7:30 p.m. will board with us until the next day and the owner will be responsible for the boarding fee.
Webcams – When your dog is at DogMode you will be able to watch them on our webcams during business hours. Viewing on our webcams is provided at no additional charge. No refunds will be provided should our webcams not be operational.
Reservations – DogMode will accept walk-ins for DayCare and Boarding if we have an opening; however, we recommend that you make a reservation for Boarding to ensure that we have availability. When you make a reservation, you will receive an email confirmation. If you need to cancel a reservation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 801-261-2665.
Deposits – Boarding reservations during holiday periods require a $45 deposit. Deposits are due at the time the reservation is made and will be applied to the cost of the boarding stay. If you cancel or change your reservation four days before your scheduled arrival date, your deposit will be refunded or left as a credit on your account. If you cancel less than four days prior to the scheduled arrival date your deposit will be forfeited
Photos/Video/Webcams – Photos, videos and webcam footage of the dogs, staff or clients at DogMode may be used on the DogMode website, social media, lobby displays or in other marketing material. You consent to our use of your dog’s image, likeness and name in such marketing materials. All photos, video and webcam images are the property of DogMode and may not be used without prior written consent.
Abandoned Dogs – DogMode is not a dog rescue group nor do we find homes for homeless dogs. However, we do support and partner with many groups that serve this purpose and can give you their contact information if you need it. No dog may be abandoned at DogMode.
If your dog is staying with us, you may extend your dog’s stay by calling the front desk and making payment in full if the stay is extended beyond one week. Any dog that is left at DogMode without extending the stay and appropriate payment, will be considered abandoned. If your dog is deemed abandoned under local, state or federal laws or regulations, you understand that DogMode will, by default, become the legal owner and guardian of the dog.
DogMode will then, in its sole discretion, determine whether to find another home for the dog or to relinquish the dog to a local shelter of its choice. You understand and agree that if you abandon your dog at DogMode, you may be unable to retrieve possession of your dog and will have no recourse against DogMode. You release DogMode from all further liability and responsibility for your dog.
It is important for you to leave a local emergency contact number of someone that usually doesn’t travel with you so that in the event we are unable to contact you, we have someone to contact about your dog’s stay. If you abandon your dog, you will still be responsible for the full boarding stay and any expenses incurred, including but not limited to any applicable attorney’s fees or court costs.
1. By completing the DogMode Daycare and Boarding Application and signing this Waiver, I represent and certify that I am the legal owner of the above-named and described dog(s). I fully understand that DogMode is a non-traditional facility where dogs are allowed to run and play with other dogs in supervised indoor and outdoor play areas and that my dog(s) may sustain injuries or cause injuries to other dogs. I understand that the DogMode staff strives to continuously monitor all dog play and interactions and will take reasonable precaution to avoid injury to any dog; however, I also understand that scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, and other injuries or even death may occur to my dog(s) despite the best supervision. I also understand that my dog may become ill while staying at DogMode. I understand that daycare, boarding, swimming and grooming can be stressful to some pets and I will inform the DogMode staff.
2. I understand that in the event I request grooming services for my dog that the groomers are professionals and they will do everything in their power to make it a positive experience for my dog. I understand that from time to time some services can be stressful to some dogs. I will inform the groomer if my pet has any heart conditions or any stress related issues prior to grooming. I also understand that grooming can expose a hidden medical condition or aggravate current ones and that this can occur during or after grooming. I know that this establishment puts my pet’s comfort above all else and understand that the groomer may have to shave mats out rather than perform a painful dematting procedure. I understand there is an increased risk for clipper burn or cuts to occur on a matted pet and that all attempts will be made to prevent this. I also understand that problems occasionally arise during and after grooming such as nicks, clipper irritation and mental or physical stress. I will not hold this establishment responsible for accidents or injury to my dog.
3. If I elect to have my dog swim in the pool at the DogMode Aquatic Fitness Center I will be responsible for determining whether the services offered at the pool will be appropriate for my dog(s). I will update DogMode of any health changes that occur in my dog. Only spayed/neutered dogs who have passed the DogMode assessment interview will be allowed to attend “Open Swim”. Unaltered dogs may use the pool by making a reservation for a reserved swim time, the owner must be in attendance at all times.
4. I acknowledge and agree that, in the event DogMode is unable to contact me or my emergency contact, any behavioral and/or physical health problems that develop while my dog(s) is/are at DogMode will be handled and treated as deemed best by the DogMode staff, at their sole discretion. I understand and agree to solely assume full financial responsibility for any and all such expenses incurred on behalf of my dog(s).
5. I understand and agree that my dog(s) must be at least 16 weeks old and has completed the complete series of puppy vaccinations and that my dog(s) must be spayed/neutered by the age of seven (7) months to be enrolled at DogMode. All dogs attending DogMode must have current proof of vaccinations on file at DogMode to include Rabies, Canine Distemper, Canine Parvovirus and Bordetella, *Bordetella is required every six (6) months. I understand that even if my dog(s) is/are vaccinated for Bordetella there is a chance my dog(s) could still contract Kennel Cough.
6. I understand that all dogs must pass a general behavior assessment interview in order to attend DogMode, and no dog will be admitted that shows any signs of aggression, as determined by DogMode staff sole discretion. In admitting my dog(s) to DogMode, I further certify and represent that my dog(s) is/are in good health and has/have not harmed or shown aggression or exhibited any threatening behavior towards any person, dog, or other animal. DogMode reserves the right to refuse admittance to or to dismiss any dog that does not meet the health, temperament, behavior, or other DogMode standards at any time at DogMode Staffs sole discretion.
7. I understand and agree that I am responsible to supply an adequate amount of food and, if needed, medication(s) for my dog(s) during boarding unless I request DogMode to provide their “house” food, for which I will be charged at DogMode applicable rates. In the event that my dog(s) run out of food and/or medication(s), I will arrange for someone to bring more food and/or medication(s) to DogMode. If I fail to timely do so, I understand that my dog(s) will be fed the “house” food and I will be charged accordingly. I will not hold DogMode LLC or any representative of DogMode LLC responsible for any problem arising from the administration of and food supplied by me or medications that I have directed to be given to my dog(s).
8. If my dog(s) is/are in daycare or boarding and I have not made prior arrangements for a late pickup (no later than 7:15pm) or my dog(s) has/have not been picked up by the close of business (7:00pm), I understand that DogMode will make arrangements to kennel my dog(s) and to continue care, and I agree to pay for all such costs incurred. I understand that all owners are required to provide a photo ID at time of application, and that if I make arrangements with DogMode to authorize someone other than myself to pick up my dog(s), such person also will be required to provide a picture ID at time of pickup. If I abandon my dog(s) or fail to retrieve my dog(s) within 24 hours of scheduled pickup, DogMode is authorized to proceed according to local municipal code governing abandonment of animals.
9. I hereby knowingly assume all risks, both known and unknown, whether or not readily foreseeable at this time, including but not limited to risk of injury to my dog(s), associated with the attendance of my dog(s) at DogMode and/or participation in DogMode programs and services, and I fully accept and assume all responsibility for any and all losses, costs, damages, or expenses that I may incur as a result of the foregoing. I expressly understand and agree that I am solely financially responsible for any injuries to my dog(s) that may occur while at DogMode.
10. I as owner of the dog(s) identified above, on behalf of myself and my spouse, children, heirs, executors, personal representatives, successors and assigns, do hereby waive, release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless DogMode, its owners, shareholders, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and assigns, and each of their directors, officers, members, managers, employees, agents, representatives, and invitees or any person acting on any of their behalf (each individually, an “Indemnitee”) from and against any and all claims, causes of action, demands, obligations, damages, liability, costs, expenses, attorney’s fees, and liabilities of any kind or character whatsoever, including without limitation claims for subrogation and/or indemnification, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, asserted or unasserted, arising from or relating to, directly or indirectly, the attendance of my dog(s) at DogMode and/or participation in DogMode programs and services including but not limited to any injury to my dog(s) arising out of or relating to such attendance or participation; (ii) DogMode’s provision of services to my dog(s); (iii) this Waiver; and/or (iv) any matter reasonably related to the foregoing.
11. In entering into this Waiver, I am not relying on any oral or written representation or statements made by any Indemnitee(s) that contradicts, undermines, or alters what is set forth in this Waiver. The validity, interpretation, and performance of this Waiver shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Utah, without regard to the conflicts or choice of law principles thereof. I hereby consent and agree that any dispute between myself and DogMode, whether arising under or relating to this Waiver or otherwise, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and mandatory venue of the federal or state courts situated in the State of Utah and I consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction and mandatory venue of the courts situated in Salt Lake City, Utah. The provisions of this Waiver are severable. If any part of this Waiver is found to be unenforceable, the other provisions shall remain fully valid and enforceable.